Written by Meredith Hink MS, RD, CD
Create a new sweet potato side dish this Thanksgiving. Your taste buds will dance with the taste of sweet potatoes, pineapple, rolled oats, cinnamon, and ginger.
I recommend slicing the sweet potato very thin for the best final result. This can also be accomplished with vegetable slicer.
- Non-stick pan spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled sweet potato (approximately 1 large sweet potato)
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. soy flour
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. roasted and salted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350◦F.
- Spray an 11 x 7 inch pan with pan spray.
- Mix sweet potato slices and crushed pineapple. Spread in bottom of the pan.
- Mix the reserved pineapple juice with the remaining ingredients, except for the sunflower seeds, in a mixing bowl and spread across the top of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.