The mission of the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetics Practice Group (VN DPG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is to empower members to be the leading authority on evidence-based plant-based nutrition for health professionals and the public.
The vision of the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetics Practice Group (VN DPG) is to foster planetary health and well-being as the leading source for education and resources on plant-based nutrition. We are committed to an equitable and sustainable future achieved through influential policy, research, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Goal 1: Strengthen the framework and governance of VN to ensure the long term viability of the DPG
- Cultivate a strong membership through membership retention and recruitment
- Forge an effective leadership team, capable of adapting to future opportunities and challenges, through the development and retention of leaders and archiving organizational records, governing documents and resources.
Goal 2: Position VN DPG as the principal resource within the Academy on vegetarian nutrition
- Participate in opportunities, offered by the Academy and within the Academy, that would position the VN DPG, as an organization, as the subject matter expert
- Support Academy goals that overlap with VN goals for both the synergistic effect and to foster a strong relationship between the two organizations.
- Encourage members of VN to participate in opportunities, offered by the Academy and within the Academy, that would position them as the subject matter expert
Goal 3: Empower VN DPG members to serve as experts on vegetarian nutrition
- Provide members opportunities to learn about and discuss pertinent information related to vegetarian nutrition
- Increase engagement on email list so that members can share research and resources
- Encourage VN members to participate in speaking, writing, advocacy and outreach opportunities that position them as subject matter experts and provide them evidence based resources to share