Written by Meredith Hink, MS, RD, CD
Looking for a new football viewing recipe? Tired of the same old bean dip? Try Sweet and Spicy Bean Dip featuring Great Northern beans.
Sweet & Spicy Bean Dip
- 1 – 15 ounce can Great Northern beans, drain and wash
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked, sweet corn
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese alternative
- 1 – 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 – 8 oz. package vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 8 oz. vegan sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons dried chives
- Spinach leaves
- Blend the Great Northern beans, almond butter, olive oil, and lemon juice using a food processor or blender. Divide bean dip in half, leaving one half in the processor or blender and placing the other half in a separate bowl.
- Blend corn and alternative cheese with the bean dip in the processor. Scrape sweet bean dip into one bowl.
- Place the other half of the bean dip back into the processor or blender and blend with taco seasoning and sun dried tomatoes to create a spicy bean dip. Extra olive oil may be required to blend sun dried tomatoes
- Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, and dried chives in a third bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Line a dinner plate with spinach leaves.
- Spoon sweet, yellow bean dip onto half of the plate and spicy, red bean dip onto the other half. Spoon sour cream and chives dip on top of both bean dips.
- Serve with the crackers of your choice.