Faculty - Assistant Professor - Nutrition & Food Sciences - IRC46320
Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
Assistant Professor of Nutrition
(nine-month, tenure-track) in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, College of Health Sciences, at Texas Woman's University, Denton, Texas.
PhD in Nutrition or closely related field. RDN Required. Applicants should have a research focus that will complement and advance existing department research. The department has active research programs in obesity and obesity related conditions, sports nutrition, polycystic ovarian syndrome, bone and cartilage metabolism and diseases, diabetes, cancer metabolism, pediatric nutrition, skin and hair diseases, inflammation-aging, and vitamin A metabolism. Teaching and research experience are preferred. Clinical or postdoctoral experience preferred. Experience with exercise and sports nutrition desirable. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
The priority is to appoint/hire an individual with expertise that complements/synergizes with the research and teaching strengths of the department. Potential candidates should have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain a strong research program and attract extramural funding. Essential duties and responsibilities for a successful candidate include:
- Establish an independent research program in areas of expertise and interest.
- Obtain external funding from federal, state, and/or private agencies.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, in person and online in areas of teaching experience and expertise in nutrition
- Mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate student thesis and dissertation research.
- Participate on department, college, and university committees.
- Collaborate on interdisciplinary projects and with professionals from other fields.
Successful candidates will be able to function in a multi-disciplinary setting, collaborating with faculty whose research focuses on nutrition, molecular biology, biochemistry, and sports nutrition.
Salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience. Support for teaching and research during the summer months may be available.
The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences (NFS)
is interested in applicants with the desire for teaching and research in a growing department. NFS offers a variety of Master of Science degrees and a doctoral degree in Nutrition with areas of specialization that include Flavor Chemistry, Nutrition, and Exercise and Sports Nutrition. For more information about the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, visit https://twu.edu/nutrition-food-sciences.
Texas Woman's University (TWU)
is a Doctoral/Research Intensive public university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. As a teaching and research institution, TWU has three campuses with the main campus located in Denton, 35 miles north of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences is on both the Denton main campus and the Houston campus. Additional information about TWU is available at https://www.twu.edu
The position will be available in January 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue through October 2022, or until the position is filled.
Applicants should include the job title and job code IRC46320 on the subject line of the email and send the following to email@example.com
- Letter of application including teaching philosophy
- Professional Curriculum Vitae
- Diversity statement (NFS and TWU are committed to working with diverse student and community populations. Please describe how your teaching, research, service, or other relevant life experiences contribute to diverse and inclusive communities.)
- Short description of research interests
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts.
- Inquiries concerning the position should be directed to the Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
TWU strives to provide an educational environment that affirms the rights and dignity of each individual, fosters diversity, and encourages a respect for the differences among persons. Discrimination or harassment of any kind is considered inappropriate.
TWU is committed to equal opportunity in employment and education and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran's status, genetic information, or against qualified disabled persons.View job posting here