July 11 and 12 in Washington, D.C.
You could join Cathy Conway, MS, RD, CDE, CDN, the VN DPG Policy and Advocacy Liaison in Washington, D.C., July 11 and 12 for the Academy’s Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit. Attendees will sharpen their communication skills, advocate for our profession and develop new high-level personal and professional relationships.
Apply for an expense paid trip to the Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit in Washington DC, July 11 and 12. In an effort to increase the VN DPG presence in public policy, we will be awarding one RDN member and two student members a chance to participate in the Advocacy Summit. Apply by emailing the following, no prior experience required:
- Your resume.
- Statement of commitment to participate in a minimum of 6 monthly phone meetings with the VN DPG public policy committee from June 2019 – May 2020.
- Responses to the three questions below:
- Why should dietitians/nutrition professionals focus on public policy?
- What are some strategies to improve engagement?
- Why should you be selected to attend?
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight June 10, 2019.
Access additional information about the summit–including registration and the event schedule.